Thursday, May 22, 2014

Abortion from various perspectives -- A Catholic woman's point of view

[The following stories are fiction, but it they are based on a collage of factual information.]

     My name is Katherine, and I am a Catholic who goes to church every Sunday morning and I live in New York. Since I am a Catholic, I believe that abortion means killing "a life." Furthermore,  I consider abortion as killing Jesus' children, so women should not have abortion. They would  feel guilty for ending "a life." and they would feel a sense of regret or guilt for having an abortion, especially once they have children of their own. In addition, abortion exposes women to various health risks and the danger of losing fertility. Abortion also frequently causes intense psychological pain and stress. Moreover, there are many people who want to adopt a child, so I am convinced that women who are thinking of getting abortion should also consider putting the baby up for adoption. I strongly believe that women should not have abortion by any means unless the women has a high risk of dying if she gives birth to the child.

2 comments:

  1. How do you feel about abortioning the child you got from being raped?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you gave a fair portrayal of a hardline Catholic view of the abortion issue. But, just like with other controversial issues in the States, not all Catholics would agree with the church's doctrine on the issue. Their opinions would be spread across a wide spectrum. My mother and cousin are practicing Catholics, for example, but their opinions on the abortion issue are completely different.

    How do you think Katherine would respond to Marin's question?
    Cheers,
    Joseph D.

    ReplyDelete