Thursday, May 22, 2014

Abortion from various perspectives -- A 17 years-old girl who got raped

I am a girl who currently attends to a high school in California. I am 17 years-old and I live with my family.
Two months ago, at around 2:30 A.M., while I was heading home after hanging out with my friends, I was caught by two strange men and was raped by them.
I could not refuse them because they had guns and they threatened me with that.
Yesterday, when I went to the doctor, I found out that I was pregnant.
My dream was to have kids in the future, and I love kids. However, I need to abortion the baby because
1. I am still too young to raise a child
2. I have my future and I still need to complete my education.
3. My family is not wealthy enough to raise a child.
4. The doctor told me that I have a disease and that my body is too weak to give birth right now.
5. The doctor told me that I may die along with the child or instead of the child so it is very risky to give birth.

Therefore, I have decided to abortion the baby because this is the only option I have.

1 comment:

  1. Your portrayal of this perspective in class was very emotional and well done. Although a bit of an extreme case in some respects (i.e., for all of these factors happening to one girl), the things that the girl is going through, taken individually, aren't uncommon. So, you packed a lot into one perspective. This provides a difficult challenge for those people who are staunch abortion opponents--no matter what the circumstances. There's no doubt that you would find people who are against this girl's decision to have an abortion. Many more in the US than in Japan.

    ReplyDelete